Thursday, April 1, 2010

Drawing in Copehagen

I was very surprise to see the amount of Egyptian, Greek and Roman stuff at the various museums in Denmark. I went to the National Museum, NY Carlsberg Gyptotek, Navaagaard Picture Gallery, and the Christianborg Palace. The Gyptotek had a Degas expo of his Bronze statues it was solid, this is the second one I have seen this year (Athens Greece was the other) large collection of Rodin in bronze and Navaagaard had a nice modern selection.
I love drawing in the gallery, It makes me feel like I am a part of the piece's history. The Gyptotek had about 6 college students painting in the Gallery it very cool to see young people in admiring the classic work.


Aphrodite 15 minutes



Eve 1 hour




Roman shield done in cross hatching 30 minutes


graphite 30 minutes

I drew a friend of mine named Biggie's 8 yr old daughter named Lea and in return she drew my picture.






Brown ink 45 minutes


Madona 1 1/2 hours

4 1/2 hours of shown work and 10 hours of stuff I can't show.

2 comments: