Sunday, May 2, 2010

Dark to Light

The drawing course I started yesterday at ARA Toronto was exhausting, my first day I was given an overview of the Bargue style. The course is a 3-4 year program for people who want learn the classical way of drawing, the masters there are talented and extremely helpful, especially for this artist. They are not arrogant even though they could be. I am especially thankful they are letting me participate in the learning process in the middle of the semester, I am doing only 5 days but I plan to soak up as much as I can.
The classical way of moving from light to dark is hard to master, My instructor stated we need to develop a new way of seeing, to catch the essence of sculptor on paper. It is like placing a light on an egg and seeing how light moves from dark to light smoothly and softly over the form of the egg.
Yeah drew for about 5 hours I am not counting these hours until the end of my time there.
I will post my finished product from the class but I practiced at my room with things I have lying around.


Egg 45 minutes


Sharpie 30 minutes


Bulldog clip 30 Minutes


Film holder on my coffee Table 30 minutes

2 hours 15 minutes
592 45 minutes to go!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment