Thursday, May 6, 2010

More Dark to Light

I Have a few Things I Have drawn at home I haven't taken pictures of my classroom work. My time at ARA has been a great learning experience, I am going away with some new ways of learning art. ARA is very different from other schools, and I know that not everyone agrees with it. I’ve heard the criticism that the sight-size academic method it leads to uniform results, or that it amounts to passive copying.
I see the immense benefit of this approach, it's like life drawing on steroids, for people without any formal training this is good to learn a strict discipline of building a form. On the other hand, and this is something I've never heard anyone bring up, what happens after all this form of training is done? Do the students learn how to construct imaginary figures or composition?

Here are a couple of drawing.






30 Minutes with a better view of the dark to light.

No comments:

Post a Comment