Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Painting and Ink Brush

Still painting but limited with my palette but I will press on. I have to think and act on I cant accumulate to many things(paint and supplies) because I have to be mobile. And being an Art history guy I decided to work on different genres and styles on my subject this one being Jesus. Being the most controversial person in history and the most written about and for sure the most painted , drawn, and sculpted. I will probably do about 50 or so mixing mashing them together MashArt. maybe a different view or take on Him. i hope you enjoy please leave comments good or bad.



Matisse Jesus 5 hours acrylic on canvas



Jesus on the Cross Back view 7 Hours Acrylic on canvas
I have always understood Jesus hung naked for the sins of everyone, but all the Art has him covered. Out of respect no doubt, I just put a view where I didn't have to cover him this way.


Impressionism Jesus with Byzantine Halo 6 hours Acrylic on canvas



Grungy Jesus 7 hours Acrylic on canvas

Views from the National in London done with ink brush pen and some pencil.




More Baggage views
Hint of Steampunk 5 hours Acrylic on Canvas Bag


33 hours in this post
475 hours 45 minutes down
524 hours and 15 minutes to go!!

1 comment:

  1. I really adore the steampunk bag. I'm hoping to create a steampunk bag of my own using canvas material and the method of tea-staining. I hope it turns out well!

    Do you have any suggestions or advice? Perhaps some stencils or templates for drawing out the gears?

    ReplyDelete