Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Hour 1 and More






Well today was the first day. I decided to go to a personal favorite, Chick Fil A. Yeah, yeah, I know it would sound more artsy if I went to a place of contemplation. Maybe a dive or maybe a hip social gathering place.. but I live in the burbs, in Grapevine, TX, and I really just want sweet tea. At first I had no one to look at, not a soul. Then lo and behold, two guys looking at a fantasy football guide came in, so I started a quick sketch. I grabbed my iPhone to start my stopwatch. Gotta keep time. As I drew, draw, drawded.. oh well.. I thought of "Knocked Up" when Paul Rudd was in his Baltimore O's uniform. Funny.

Any way, I just picked up these new markers called COPIC. I have used them before but I want to start my quest with these. Sorry Prisma, I am leaving you for COPIC. You will find someone else. It's not you it's me. Wait a minute! It is you! You dry out too quick!! COPIC is refillable and thus will last longer. I think, or have been told this. I may return though, I have 1000 hours to find out the truth.

I chose pencils and ink because I need something portable, since I am moving soon. I have pictures at 1 hour, 1.5 hours, and 2 hours and my stuff.

Oh and by the way, my subjects left after 15 minutes, so I had to make up a lot. I guess I should pay for models. Or not. Feel free to start a fund for models. Until a few more hours....

No comments:

Post a Comment