Friday, August 14, 2009

Just Peachy

My morning starts the same every Friday. I get up way too early, 5:15am, and I am not a morning guy. I have been meeting with these guys for years. One of them, Doug, for 11 years. Just a group of guys trying to figure things out and holding each other up. After our pow wow I stayed drawing again, and like the last time, I was at Chick Fil A with no one. Nilch. Nada. So I worked on some table and chairs as there are plenty of them. Boring yes, but available and they never move.




There is a big promo at CFA for the peach float, so there is a lot of peach paraphernalia lying around. I then decided to start on peaches. I kept getting interrupted by an annoying car alarm though. About ten times, in fact, my car kept crying wolf. I quit drawing and called my dealer. I would have to drive to dallas, but it's okay because I love my dealership. It's a Mercedes/Porsche dealer. I drive a Smart car, which is also there, but Mercedes/Porsche sounds cooler. The waiting area is like an uptown Starbucks, with four computer workstations. After checking email, I check stuff I'm selling on Craigslist. No buyers. Chatted with a friend in Detroit, then returned to my peaches.



Some of you may think peaches are boring, but for me, I love their texture, their unique shape, their aroma, and of course they are very tasty! They bring back many childhood memories. We had a peach tree back home. I shot the neighbor kid in the butt with my BB gun while he was climbing the tree, stealing the delights. After he ran home, his mom spanked him on the butt for stealing. I love Texas!!! I doubt that would end the same today. I digress.



I have been working on this subject now for about six hours. It is really working out. I am using cross hatching with pencil, erasing and building up again with more crosshatching. The texture is really coming out. For those of you who don't know crosshatching, it is making vertical and horizontal lines crossing back and forth, back and forth. The closer your lines are, the darker it gets. It is a time consuming endeavor. Here are some pictures:

No comments:

Post a Comment